Usually when I run across something that might be intersting to work on I store it away, either in my head or storeroom until I have time. But lately that "pile" has been getting bigger and bigger. More ideas than what I have time for. I don't know what inspired me to start right in on this scarecrow.
Maybe it was because:
1. I had EVERY color and brand yarn that it called for.
2. It has REALLY been Fall weather here, cold, wet and windy.
3. I thought he was really CUTE!
4. Though the pattern calls for him to be 14 inches tall I wanted to try and make him smaller.
5. I had just gotten the magazine subscription he was in "CROCHET TODAY".
6. It was better to sit and make something new than work on other things.
I guess it was a little of all and a lot of the last. I really enjoy working on new things.
One of the things that I NEED to do is go over to ArtFIre and work on my Blog. They have added a new feature where each shop can have a blog. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love ArtFire because they are always adding features for both buyers and sellers to make things easier. They listen to suggestions and respond quickly. My problem is, I have trouble keeping up with it all.
So when I saw that I could have a blog on ArtFire AND here, I had to think how to handle it. Should both be a repeat of each other? I decided No, I would continue on with this one and use the ArtFire Shop Blog as a way of profiling new items in the shop, telling the inspiration and story behind each piece and getting to know my buyers better.
So, one more thing to add to my list of things to do each week. It's a good thing I don't have a regular job. LOL!
Posted by RoseTree Creations at 10/18/2009 08:40:00 PM